Thursday, August 10, 2006

Red Alert!! Just kidding. Red Alert! Just kidding...

So, I missed a day or so of the blogging, and the whole world comes to a screeching halt, over such mundane items as toothpaste and bottled water. W notes, and I paraphrase, "...We are safer than we were before 911..." W then goes on to say, "...that the world is an extremely dangerous place and the US government will do what is necessary to keep the American People safe." I don't get it. Are we safe, or is this a dangerous place? Clearly the skies are safe, it's just that I now have to be suspicious of hair care products and chapstic. I'm confused. Wait, I feel an idea coming on... Ah yes, for a quick, concise, color coded answer to clear up my confusion about security issues, check the current threat level at good old home-land-security-dot-gov.

Just in case you didn't check out the link, pleased consider the following quote from the same site:

"All Americans, including those traveling in the transportation systems, should continue to be vigilant, take notice of their surroundings, and report suspicions items or activities to local authorities immediately."

Good advice, I'll be riding the bus later today, and I'll be sure to note and report all suspicious characters on my route. Let's see, perhaps I should just start now. There are the dudes that get out of jail and hop the bus at Pacific and Oak. Suspicious. Then there is usually some drugged-out dude mumbling into his beard. I'm sure he's taking oral notes on how to exploit the sophisticated security package in place to protect the bus riding community. Then there is the varying crew of white collar folks who race to the same seat everyday and scowl and anybody they find in "their" seats. I'll be sure to report all of them. Of course, while I'm writing all this down, I'll have to be careful conceal my activities so as to not alert any nefarious operatives to my All-American-vigilance. I hope sound transit doesn't think I'm crazy when I turn in my list of suspicious characters who ride the bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be very, very careful on the bus - if you see someone get out a water bottle, DUCK!! It could be a liquid explosive that they'll detonate with their cell phone or I Pod.