Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Drug Questions

It's an odd thing to look out over you neighborhood, in particular one that is self described as transitional. For those not in the know, transitional means that the neighborhood has really good spots and really bad spots. Remember cars parked on the lawns? I'm assuming that other activities go along with that bad parking habit.

So, I was looking out over the hood last night when I saw a pimped landcruiser pull up. I didn't recognize the ride as local. LC stopped midstreet just down the block from my place. A driverside window "conversation" ensued between one of the neighbor kids and the driver of the LC. Within a few minutes a purple Cadillac, rolled on to the scene and parked on the corner opposite the LC. Evidently, the "conversation" was taking too long so the PC took a lap around the block. Upon its return, the block kid jumped into the Cady and headed off in the opposite direction of the LC.

Perhaps some directions to a local party were being exchanged? Perhaps the driver of the LC knew the block kid and they were just catching up? I don't know.

My assumption is that that the interaction I witnessed was some sort of transaction. You know, ddrruuggs. Crap, I don't want that in my neighborhood.

The question is, did I jump to any conclusions based on the limited information I saw? Did I assume that because the neighbor kid, who has weeded for me, was dealing or buying because he is black? Is fear getting the better of me?

On a side thought, it really isn't the drug dealers that cause the problems in a neighborhood, it's the stupid customers. These are the idiots who cruise the local block looking for anything that isn't bolted down to steal so they can pay the local drug buisness person.

So, any help with these questions is appreciated. BTY, Leon Berman, KEXP's Shake the Shack DJ had a bunch of CDs lifted from his truck in the central District, Seattle,WA. Probably drug related. Either that or just an extreme thirst for rockabilly music. Got info? Use this link. KEXP
Cheers

No comments: