Monday, December 15, 2008

kids are too soft

What is the deal with people not shoveling the sidewalk. Isn't there suposed to be an small army of kids roaming American neighborhoods offering to shovel the walkway snow?

I did mine, and the neighbor kid and his little brother looked at me like I was a fool. Looking down the sidewalk today reveals that for one half city block, it's clear sailing. Of course, after a walker exits my area, it's back to slip-and-fall-o-rama.

Back to the kids. I know there are some enterpising youth in the hood that I reside, but what is the deal with no action. A quick survey of the several block where I live indicates that infact, less than 5% of the walks are clear.

Sucks to be old and fearful of falling on brittle bones.

Well, I guess I could write it off to just not getting enough snow in this area for anybody to care too much. Or perhaps it is equally likely that folks just don't have the tools to deal with the snow. But for the next few days, I see a golden oportunity to make some cabbage.

No comments: